Monday, March 9, 2009

Smoker, welcome?

Smoking, is a bad habit which must not be practiced, this is commonly known by everyone. However, when I'm doing internet surfing this afternoon, I found out an interesting bench (search for the original website by clicking on the photo), this bench is encouraging the habit of smoking! Why did I say so?

This bench is integrated with ash receptacle, at the both end side of bench. People may smoke when they are sitting on the bench. The question is, is the bench user-friendly? May be it is friendly to smokers, friendly in the sense of it provides a comfy spot for smokers to enjoy the slow effect of black and poison lung, but not to the non-smokers.

I don't know what is the intention of this kind of design, to promote smoking?? Or to provide place for smokers as they have the rights too? Well, I do admit the smokers have the right to smoke in public space (certain places but not all), but this is not a habit that should be encouraged and promoted. Is it necessary to provide a seat just for smokers?



Bench just for smokers




Note: all words in this blog are just my own opinion

No comments: